About Me

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bad Blogger

I am. There's no two ways about it.. I can't even manage a weekly feature with no photos!!  I've been feeling exceptionally busy lately - I got a promotion at work and I'm juggling two jobs at the same time until they fill my position. Doing my training in Sales while trying to keep up the front desk work makes my head feel all explodey by the end of the day and I procrastinate writing, or just plain forget until I'm too tired to form a complete sentence.

So here's a half baked Meal Plan Monday for you...

Monday we had the most amazing pork shoulder roast. It cooks for 16 hours with nothing extra but a tablespoon or two of liquid smoke.  Original recipe can be found here.  If you don't understand by now, I LOVE my crock pot. I don't know how I managed without one until last year (oh yeah, I ate out 3/4 of the time).  This roast falls apart on your fork and is soooo juicy and tender I thought there was some kind of magic kitchen elf that had appeared.

Tonight was an eat out night... they do happen every once and a while, and I look on the bright side that there are no extra dirty dishes when that happens.

Wednesday:  The Tomato soup from last week didn't get made, so I'll throw that in the slow cooker for a while and whip up some delicious classic grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday:  I have a basic idea of what I want to make for the latter half of the week.  The Butternut Squash Carbonara didn't get made AGAIN last week, but luckily butternut squash lasts for a long time.  Or I may sub out this delicious looking Slow Cooker Squash Lasagna.  I want to give this Roasted Vegetable Strudel a try, and I have some phyllo dough in the freezer just for the occasion.  and finally the boy requested the Chicken Corn Chowder again this week (which is fine with me, since I'm a little worn out on the cabbage rolls that were his last obsession.)


I did manage to take some pictures this week (food and fashion related), and I have some DIY/Craft post ideas stored up, so maybe I'll actually get around to them and give folks something to read.

Thanks for checking in.
<3 E

No comments:

Post a Comment