About Me

Monday, January 2, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Happy New Year!

Since I've been such a bad blogger so far (only 2 posts at the beginning of December?! Come on Erika!) I'm making it one of my goals for the new year to post more regularly.  To help me with that I'm instituting "Meal Plan Monday".  This is something I do in real life already - it helps me to know what I'm going to be cooking when I come home from work every day, and to know that I already have all the ingredients in my pantry and fridge.  I don't like to buy in bulk - it always seems to go bad before I use it, even in the freezer (hello frostburnt meats).  So I make my meal plan, and my specific shopping list to buy only the ingredients I will need for the week.

I try to make things that are healthy and delicious, but sometimes I'll settle for just plain delicious... It's not always perfect for my weight loss goals, but I've learned that if I'm on a perpetual diet where I'm not allowed to eat the things that I want then I will always fail.  So I try to use lighter recipes of things that I love, and sometimes I let myself splurge.

So today's Meal Plan Monday lineup:

Monday: Chorizo Sweet Potato Echiladas
Tuesday: Honey Garlic Crunch Pork Chops and Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
Wednesday: 40 Clove Chicken and Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
Thursday: Cabbage Rolls with Idahoan Mashed Potatoes (I can't make EVERYTHING from scratch!)
Friday: Autumn Penne With Brussel Sprouts
Saturday: Chicken Corn Chowder
Sunday: Butternut Squash Carbonara

Weekday breakfast: Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Most of the things I make come from recipes found online - so whenever possible I'll link to the recipe I used, or write it in a post.

Some of these are things I've made before (Honey Garlic Crunch Pork Chops and Cabbage Rolls requested by the boy), and some are new, so I'll try and update and let you know how they go!

Thanks for checking in
<3 E


No comments:

Post a Comment