About Me

Monday, January 9, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Welcome to the second installment of Meeeeaaaaal Plaaaaaan Mondaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!  (Imagine that as said by a stadium announcer)

We did REALLY well staying on plan last week.  Saturday night we ended up going to hang out with some friends and instead of a formal dinner we had wine and some delicious dips.  I made a spinach and artichoke dip that is to die for, and our friends made a beer cheese dip with Fosters.  A large loaf of crusty Italian bread and some flavored tortilla chips filled up my belly so dinner was unnecessary.

Monday's chorizo and sweet potato enchiladas were AMAZE-BALLS.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about canned enchilada sauce, but the old el paso kind was remarkably tasty.  The spicy sausage and sweet potatoes melded sooo well together. 
Tuesday's pork chops and Thursday's cabbage rolls were re-peat meal from the week before at request of the boy - still just as amazing as the first time. He's obsessed with the cabbage rolls so we made lots of extra to have for lunches.
The 40 clove chicken was new and delicious. The whole cloves of garlic just melted in your mouth without being too spicy, and I used chicken thighs, so the dark meat added extra flavor and stayed so juicy that when you went to pick it up with the fork it just fell apart.
I had also made the Autumn Penne before and it was equally as yummy. Next time I will probably double the brussel sprouts - we LOVE brussel sprouts in our house, so there were no where near enough for the leftovers, and the pasta is sooo much better with them.

I used a different Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from the one I listed before.  I had made the other one and the boy thought it lacked flavor... so I tried different, and it was much better.  Super chunky and very flavorful.  The bacon bits were good, you could probably do without the cheese if you were trying to save calories, but the green onions on top are a MUST.

We didn't get around to the carbonara, but I worked it into the meal plan for this week so we don't waste the ingredients.

This week I will try to actually take photos of what I make this week (provided it actually looks appetizing).

But nevertheless here is the plan:

Monday:  Jambalaya  (Requested by the boy, I used this recipe as a starter)
Tuesday: Asian Turkey Meatballs  and probably a side of garlicky wilted spinach
Wednesday:  One Pot Stovetop Mac & Cheese
Thursday: Chicken with Leeks and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Friday: Butternut Squash Carbonara  (Didn't eat this meal last week, still have the ingredients)
Saturday: Chorizo Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Sunday: Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup

Some of the recipe's are healthier than last week - I'm working my way back toward weight watchers and counting my points, and heavy cream soups don't really factor into that, but are soooo good in the winter.

Till next time (hopefully before the next MPM!)
<3 E

No comments:

Post a Comment